Monday, May 16, 2011

mutually satisfying weirdness

"When we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness--and call it love--true love." Robert Fulghum


My mom and dad are celebrating their 30th anniversary today. Thirty years together and still completely head-over-heels in love with each other. I'm so lucky and proud to have such wonderful parents. Despite being incredibly embarrassed throughout my teenage years by their corny jokes, mushy comments to each other and attempts to fit in with my friends, I wouldn't have had it any other way. Robert Fulghum's quote, and my mom and dad's favorite love quote, couldn't describe them any better.


3 comments:

  1. this makes me smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who you calling weird? :) Thanks NOD - Love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooo cute!! I wanna meet your parents. Adriane pleeeeassseee tell the story of ur parent's honeymoon again! It makes me so happy. I hope to find a boy who is as much in love with Disney as I am too :) Happy 30th Anniversary Dick & Penny!

    ReplyDelete